Friday 18 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey

Activity 2: A Protective Plant [4 points]
There are concerns about the water quality of some of the rivers, streams and oceans in and around New Zealand. Some people have suggested that we plant flowers and plants on the banks of our most polluted rivers to stop the spread of the pollution. Apparently, the plants can act as filters, absorbing some of the chemicals (pollutants) that are moving across the land, on their way to the river.
Planting can be a lot of fun! Have you ever planted a garden? Aronui and I are going to make our very own edible garden this year. We are going to plant a number of veggies, fruits and herbs, including mint, coriander, parsley, lemongrass, onions, tomatoes, beans, zucchinis, kumara and strawberries. Yum! If you could plant an edible garden what would you plant in it?


On your blog list 10 veggies, fruits, or herbs that you would plant in your garden.


What I would Plant in My Garden

Carrots,
Watermelon,
Lettuce,
Potatoes,
 Corn,
Cucumber,
Parsley, 
Mint, 
Pumpkin
and 
Kumara 



2 comments:

  1. Hello Alexander,
    I am Vitaraag. I love your choices. I would also put watermelon in my garden. I would love to see your garden if it was real. What do you think your garden will looks like? Maybe next time you can say where you were going to plant the garden. Keep up the amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Alex,

    That looks like a very well thought and yummy list of herbs, fruits and vegetables that you would like to plant in your own garden! I am so happy that my favourite fruit has made it to your list, watermelon, yipee! I think your garden would look very bright and colourful, it would be a delightful sight to see everyday.

    That looks like a really neat and organised garden, doesn't it? I would love to learn how to garden like that, it would be easy to walk around all the plants and admire everything. My top ten picks would be broccoli, celery, basil, watermelon, white peaches, mangoes, lychee, papayas, feijoa, and bok choy! Some of these fruits aren't grown in New Zealand though. What is your favourite plant from your list? For me, I can't choose between watermelon and mangoes since they're both so tasty!

    Best,
    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.