Friday 6 April 2018

Hunting and Fishing

On April first we had hunting and fishing competition. I had to write a description about hunting and fishing.  I had to use present tense and vivid words to describe. We also had to write as if we were there at that time.
Image result for wild pig pngImage result for deer pngHunting and Fishing competition

Strolling down from our parked car, I hear the growl of a tractor’s engine. I walk further down and see there is a red truck with deer and pigs hanging down from the stock crate. Near the truck there are fish hanging from hooks. Splash splash from the eels in small plastic boxes makes me jump slightly. I walk forwards then I move out of the way because there are multiple utes coming towards me. I walk along the utes then end up at the huge white tent. I can smell the weird aroma of cooking meat and chips. I go and climb up a tree to wait for a while and to give me something to do. I decide to climb down again to stroll around. Then I walk to the stag truck again to admire the stags. A weird feeling comes across me, the feeling of anger and disgust. I feel sad for the poor fish. What did the fish ever do to you? I think silently.  I then change my mind and I walk to the tent slowly to get some chips. Then I  wander back to look at the stags. Their tongues are hanging out of their mouths, making  me look away in disgust.  I then walk to sit down in the huge white tent because it’s time for the major spot prizes to be handed out. 






2 comments:

  1. Hi Alex, I'm Isabel from Awahono School. I like how you were writing in present tense. I got a really good picture in my head about what was happening, I even felt like I was there right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Isabel, Alex here. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.