Friday 16 March 2018

Swimming Sports

We had to write a description about our swimming sports. We were learning how to write a detailed description, also how to use present tense and vivid words.


Swimming Race 🏊

Plop, I jump into the water,  grab onto the wall and with my arms behind me I face the pool.  TAKE YOUR MARKS, GO!  I’m off,  the water is flowing around my face.  The colourful lane rope beside me slowly changes colour. The further I go it seems like the pool is getting longer. I’m breathing every three strokes. When I breathe I see spectators watching then when I put my head back down I can’t see them any more.

Half way through my legs slowly become lifeless. People are cheering for other people. I can hear them when I breathe but then I can’t. People rocket past me but I don’t care much. I look to both sides and there aren’t any people behind, which means I’m coming last, but I don’t care much (although I would like to come first). I breathe in some water then I start to choke.

The bottom becomes closer which means I’m getting close to the end. I’m nearly at the wall. Ow! I just hit the wall. I raise myself up and then get out of the water. I then receive my time and hand it in.  I walk back to my seat and wait for my next race.


2 comments:

  1. Alex, you've given us a great picture of your race: it starts off very exciting then things really change as you get to the halfway mark. I can see you are trying to make your writing more interesting for the reader by varying your sentence beginnings and lengths. I especially like your opening sentence as I can really picture you getting ready to start the race.
    Mrs Idle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Mrs Idle, thanks for your helpful comment.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.